Saturday, December 22, 2012

thoughts on {life}

Doesn't the Holiday season bring on so many crazy emotions? So much time spent with family & friends eating and drinking and laughing and loving is so amazing this time of year but can be such a powerful experience.
 
On top of those overwhelming emotions you can't help but reflect at the end of the year and and try to remember everything that happened in the past 12 months. Its a whirlwind of memories and I find myself asking Did I do anything that mattered? Was I happy? Did I smile and laugh and play and love enough? Was I kind?
 
Its easy to get caught up in the day to day grind and to begin focusing on the negative. I can't tell you how many times I felt like I was just spinning in place wondering which was was up. I think that's why this quote resonates with me so much -
 
 
 
 
I'm learning if you aren't your own biggest supporter, it's easy to get swept away in the mundane and easy and never experience anything really worth experiencing at all. I've been making a conscious effort in the past months to see the magic in life. To be truly thankful for everything beautiful in my life and to appreciate every trying moment as a chance to change and learn and grow and evolve. To be happy every single day, even when it's rainy and cold and things aren't going your way. To have a positive and kind energy that brightens other people's day. To be fearless and exciting and purposefully seek fun and new opportunities. And most of all to truly appreciate the little things in life - like a cozy sweater & a mug of hot cocoa! 
 
I couldn't have imagined I would be ending 2012 on such a happy note and I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store.
 
Happy Holidays to Everyone!
xoxo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment